2. Then you’ll do a 12-minute total-body routine.
This is where the real work comes in. Ready? Repeat the three bodyweight exercises below for 30 seconds each. After you’ve completed all three moves you should take a 30-second rest. You’ll repeat this circuit for six rounds total, and on the last round, skip the rest—you’ve got a bonus move to do!
1. 30 Seconds: 8 High Knees + 2 Drop Squats
- Perform eight high knees in place, driving elbows back. (It’s like an exaggerated running in place where you’re trying to lift your knees to your hips.)
- Then, jump out into a squat with feet parallel, tapping your right hand on the ground between your feet. Jump back together and repeat, tapping your left hand to floor. Repeat for 30 seconds.
2. 30 Seconds: Break Dancers
- Start on all fours with your hands and toes on the ground and your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart.
- Lift your right hand towards the ceiling and kick your left leg through, twisting your body to face the right.
- Come back to start and repeat on the opposite side. Continue for 30 seconds.
3. 30 Seconds: Burpee Push-Up Broad Jump
- Start in a high plank and perform a push-up, bringing your chest as close to the floor as you can.
- Jump your feet to the outsides of your hands. Start to stand up and instead of jumping up, jump forward (distance is the goal).
- Now jump up and turn around 180 degrees.
- Place your hands back on the floor and jump feet back to high plank and start from the beginning. Repeat for 30 seconds.
Now rest for 30 seconds before starting the next round. Except on round six when you get a ~special~ cardio exercise to finish with:
Tuck Jumps: Start standing tall. Jump up and bring your knees to your chest in the air. Land softly (stick it!). To modify, bring your feet to your butt instead.
And don’t forget to cool-down.
No need to spend any of your 15 minutes on a cool-down (sorry!), just incorporate one into whatever you’re doing next. “Walk whenever you’re going, or stretch at your desk. Even better—right before bed! Netflix and stretch.” Yes, please.
You may also like: 13 incredible bodyweight exercises you can do at home: