1. Blitz Publications & Multi-Media Group is committed to best-practice privacy standards
2. Collecting Information
When you visit one of the Blitz Publications & Multi-Media Group websites and/or associated platforms and publications, the personal information we collect is:
What you tell us about yourself, for instance through online surveys, market research, newsletters, competitions, social media, direct mail. subscription purchase form, online store checkout page and website membership sign ups (only with consent).
- What you tell us when you purchase a product or service with us.
- User behaviour and habits (tracked through IP address) and cookies located on both the client browser and our web servers.
- Information from other sources if necessary, with your consent.
- Information collected may include name, date of birth, gender, address, email, likes, dislikes etc
To view the full list of BPM platforms and publications, please visit: http://www.blitzpublications.com.au/
3. Our use and disclosure of your personal information
Blitz Publications & Multi-Media Group will not use or disclose any information about you to third-party companies without your consent unless legally required to do so. We will take all reasonable steps to:
- Keep information we hold about you secure, accurate and up to date; and
- Ensure that our employees and volunteers respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- Protect the personal information from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and 256-bit encryption technology.
- Ensure your mail address is never added to a mailing unless by consent.
- We will always provide an opt-out on marketing material.
Any information collected with your consent may be used to:
- Verify your identity
- Send out prizes, giveaways and purchased products and services.
- Improve customer service and user experience
- Promote new products and special offers that you may find interesting
- Market research via email, phone or postal address (with your consent).
- Gain insights into user behaviour and preferences
- For administration of products and services
- For the purpose of reviewing and administration of employment applications
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. How to access, correct and update your information
If at any time you want to know what personal information is held about you by our organisation – or you wish to make a complaint – you may do so by contacting Stephanie Johnson of Blitz Publications & Multi-Media Group at:email@example.com, fax (03) 9574 8899 (addressed to Stefanie Johnson) or post:
Blitz Publications & Multi-Media Group
P.O Box 4075
Mulgrave Vic. 3170
We will endeavour to provide you with the information within seven business days via phone, email or postal address.
6. Lodging a Complaint
If you wish to lodge a privacy complaint, please email the above address and provide details / outline your complaint. Please ensure that your contact details (name, address and telephone number) are included so that we may revert back to you to address your complain.
We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours of receipt of your email. Our aim is then to have the complaint addressed and a suggested resolution offered to you within 10 working days.
If you feel that Blitz Publications & Multi Media Group has not addressed or resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, then under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) you are entitled to make lodge your complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Further information on this process can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
The following information is logged for statistical purposes only when you visit our digital platforms, including our websites and smartphone app:
a. your internet connection IP address
b. your top level domain name
c. the date and time of your visit to the site
d. length of time spent on site
e. the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
f. the previous site you have visited
g. the type of browser/device you are using
h. language and location
6. Cross-border disclosure
7. Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. Blitz Publications & Multi-Media Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.